|Position Title: Recruitment Coordinator||Location: St. Croix Valley Region (Remote)|
|Department: Operations||Hours/Days 20 hours/week|
|Reports To: CEO||Deadline to Apply: Open until filled|
|Overtime Status: Part-Time, Non-Exempt|
This part-time position is suited for a candidate who will work diligently over the course of evenings/weekends to advance the volunteer engagement goals of Big Brothers Big Sisters. The coordinator will leverage skills in public-speaking, knowledge of volunteer recruitment/youth development best practices, and experience with partnership development to increase the number of qualified volunteers across all agency mentoring programs.
Education and Experience:
- Experience recruiting volunteers
- Knowledge of event coordination, sales, and marketing
- Strong networking and public speaking skills
Knowledge, Abilities and Experience:
- Strong team player and passion for BBBS mission
- Candidate must have evening/weekend availability
- Proven track record with public speaking; Ability to present information clearly and persuasively to diverse audiences
- Ability to do public presentations comfortably
- Ability to communicate the mission and volunteer needs of BBBS to organizational stakeholders as well as individual volunteers
- Demonstrated experience researching and developing community partnerships
- Strong organizational skills with ability to document contacts/relationships
- Proficiency in second language preferred, but not required
- Represents all mentoring programs on behalf of BBBS as a spokesperson and ambassador in the community
- Frame our mentoring programs accurately and enthusiastically to prospective volunteers by delivering in-person and web-based information sessions.
- Recruit volunteers at select community events, volunteer fairs, etc.
- Provide excellent customer service to potential volunteers from initial inquiry to program commitment.
- Steward agency relationships by documenting contacts and provide timely/accurate reports showing progress towards annual recruitment plan goals.
- Implement targeted recruitment strategies.
- Actively recruit volunteer “Bigs” in accordance to the current recruitment plan, including focus/specialization in areas identified as higher needs.
- Identify new community stakeholders to participate in the expansion of the BBBS mission, and tailor a volunteer recruitment activity to fit their organization.
- Carry out volunteer recruitment activities with current partners as delegated by CEO.
- Contribute to the overall success of the agency in order to achieve the BBBS mission
- Promote teamwork by participating in various teams, including: work groups, project teams and interdepartmental meetings.
- Positively represent BBBS in the community.
- Assist other agency functions and/or departments as needed.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Remote position, requires access to reliable, high-speed internet. The position requires the coordinator to make presentations and do public speaking on a regular basis throughout the region. The coordinator must be able to work weeknights and weekends as needed, and possess a valid driver’s license and provide a reliable means of transportation for the performance of work responsibilities.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwestern Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwestern Wisconsin provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability.
Americans with Disabilities Act
Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential duties & responsibilities either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.
The previous statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential duties & responsibilities of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northwestern Wisconsin may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.