Director of Operations
The Director of Operations is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day activities and leadership of production, shipping/ receiving, purchasing, planning/ scheduling, customer service, quality, safety, maintenance and engineering of multi plant operations. This person will plan, coordinate, direct and improve processes to ensure timely operations execution while meeting quality, inventory, equipment utilization, safety and culture objectives. The Director of Operations will encourage initiative and drive accountability to ensure that continuous improvement becomes embedded in the culture of the manufacturing organization. This position requires a self-motivated and personnel focused professional.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Direct and oversee the activities and operations of Production, Shipping/ Receiving, Purchasing, Planning/ Scheduling, Customer Service, Quality, Safety, Maintenance and Engineering.
- Establish and foster a culture of employee-oriented leadership in alignment with our company philosophy.
- Liaise between suppliers, internal departments / employees and customers to ensure strong relationships are established and maintained.
- Develop staff to achieve their best performance on both a team and individual basis.
- Motivate and inspire employees to reach our company goals and objectives.
- Oversee and review the manufacturing and support activities with all other areas of the organization and suppliers to obtain optimum production and utilization of resources, machines, and equipment.
- Ensure operations sustain performance in line with the business objectives and annual budgeting compliance with quality, environmental, health and safety policies.
- Ensure employee safety and morale is maintained by creating a safe and efficient working environment.
- Organize and direct workflow for satisfying production requirements in a cost-efficient manner.
- Establish departmental and individual goals and objectives supported by training and development plans tied to the employee performance evaluation process.
- Develop operating budgets and capital investment plans for each facility and monitor to ensure operational compliance.
- Oversee and direct the evaluation of suppliers, negotiation of contracts and product quality review.
- Oversee the purchasing, stock / inventory levels and productions scheduling tasks.
- Drive continuous improvement; develop and motivate cost-effective alternatives and improvements to production processes.
- Analyze delivery and inventory issues and provide effective solutions.
- Oversee and manage production resource levels to accomplish short and long-term goals and objectives, including manufacturing efficiency and inventory turns to meet customer quality, delivery expectations and company profitability goals.
- Oversee product and process technology development to establish and sustain a competitive advantage in manufacturing quality, cost, capability and service.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) and a minimum of 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
FFT is known for our business integrity, high quality standards and forwarding thinking while meeting or exceeding our customer’s expectations. We offer a competitive comp/benefit package including a matching 401k plan. For employment application and more information about FFT, please visit our website. If you are interested in being considered for this position, please send a resume with cover letter along with our application to:
Federal Foam Technologies, Inc.
Attn: Human Resources
600 Wisconsin Drive
New Richmond, WI 54017
We promote a drug-free environment and are committed to diversity in the workplace.