Business and Development Manager
Immaculate Conception and St. Patrick’s parishes are looking for a full-time Business and Development Manager, working from the New Richmond business office.
Hours: Full time Exempt, hours vary depending on demand
Benefits: This position is classified as FTE, and will be eligible for Health, Dental, 403B and other benefits.
The Business and Development Manager is the senior lay executive and chief administrator for the parish. (S)He will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the “business” of the parish, including managing staff members and coordinating volunteers who carry out many separate responsibilities. Reporting directly to the Pastor s(he) will implement the Pastor’s vision and lead a parish staff and volunteers in a team culture of service and support to the parish community. (S)he is a steward of the financial, physical, and human resources of the Parish and has fiduciary responsibility for these areas. In collaboration with the Council of Ministries and Parish Finance Council, this Manager ensures Parish business practices align with our Catholic Mission, Vision, and Core Values.
Employment in and by the Church is substantially different from secular employment. It is required that this employee be a practicing Catholic.
Oversee or perform some or all of the following:
- Exemplifies strong leadership within the Church.
- Manages Budgets in preparation, monitoring, and reporting.
- Assures all regulatory requirements both Diocesan and government adhered to.
- Acts as an approver for expenditures, keeping with the parish budget.
- Utilize Parishsoft, QuickBooks, Ministry Pro, Vanco, WordPress and other systems used in day-to-day.
- Is an active member of Finance, Pastoral and Stewardship Councils, maintaining reporting and records.
- Acts as an advisor to all other sub-committees and ministries within the parishes.
- Oversees content and presentation of the Annual reports to parishioners and Diocese.
- Responsible for long-range facility planning.
- Conducts all Parish level HR duties including contract and salary negotiations with parish committee or individuals and maintains all Personnel files. Oversees payroll and timecards for accounting.
- Assists in the planning and oversees Parish fundraisers.
- Parishioner newsletter and/or bulletin.
- Parish promotional materials, advertising, telephone directories, etc.
- Parish web site and Facebook information.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to work cooperatively with others.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration desired or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of office policies and procedures.
- General business and financial acumen based upon previous supervisory and work experience.
- Strong leadership and maturity to relate to various situations and individuals at various levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, decision-making, and professional interpersonal skills.
- Proficient personal computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite and internet.
- Professional and effective etiquette skills.
- Ability to supervise and direct the activities of others.
- Ability to keep information confidential in delicate and/or crisis situations.
If interested, please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Attn: Fr John in the subject line. No calls please.