Thursday, December 2nd Holiday Lights Parade Guidelines Thursday, Dec 2nd | 6:00pm Start Time, 5:15pm Line-Up Please read these participation guidelines carefully, they are meant to ensure the quality and safety of the parade.
1. You should have a sign identifying the business or organization.
2. All parade entries should be decorated and lighted. No open flames are allowed. Walking units are encouraged to use glow necklaces and/or flashlights. As a guide, most Light Parades require a minimum of 500 lights – we ask that both sides are lit and your float looks nice, but do not intend to count bulbs! Fire extinguishers must be on every float entry and generators, converters, and/or batteries can be used to power lights and sound.
3. All units must be family friendly and are encouraged to incorporate holiday music.
4. The parade will NOT be cancelled because of the weather.
5. All parade entries must be either a vehicle or a vehicle pulling a trailer. You can also have walkers accompanying your float, but walking units only will not be allowed.
6. Floats will be judged with three winners who will be forever remembered on a traveling trophy. The winners are announced on Facebook.
7. No Santa or Mrs. Claus costumes! Santa will conclude the parade on the very last entry.
Downtown New Richmond
Free for Chamber Partners
Free for sponsors of the event
Free for Royalty floats
$35 for Chamber members
$275 for non-members