Holiday Lights Parade Guidelines
Thursday, Nov 29th | 6:00pm Start Time, 5:15pm Line-Up
Please read these participation guidelines carefully, they are meant to ensure the quality and safety of the parade.
1. Entries must be a member of the New Richmond Area Chamber of Commerce or a Community Royalty Float. You should have a sign identifying the business or organization.
2. All parade entries should be decorated and lighted. No open flames are allowed. Walking units are encouraged to use glow necklaces and/or flashlights. As a guide, most Light Parades require a minimum of 500 lights – we ask that both sides are lit and your float looks nice, but do not intend to count bulbs! Fire extinguishers must be on every float entry and generators, converters, and/or batteries can be used to power lights and sound.
3. All units must be appropriate and family friendly and are encouraged to incorporate holiday music
4. The parade will NOT be cancelled because of the weather. But we have asked for nice weather and the average temp on this day is above freezing!!
5. All parade entries must be either a vehicle or a vehicle pulling a trailer. You can also have walkers accompanying your float, but walking units only will not be allowed.
6. Floats will be judged with two winners:
Place wins the first entry in the Fun Fest Parade after Grand Marshall
Place wins a $50 Chamber Gift Certificate
7. No Santa or Mrs. Claus costumes! Santa will conclude the parade on the very last entry.
Here’s some of the really common sense rules, but we just have to be sure…
PRINTABLE PARADE REGISTRATION
- There is No smoking or consuming alcoholic beverages on any parade entry at any time.
- No fireworks are allowed on any parade entry.
- All animal units are responsible for their own clean-up on the parade route.